I am fostering a cooperative training environment where 70% of each individuals’ efforts should be geared to helping his/her team mates learn and succeed at the art. The other 30% of the effort should be about personal development. Personally, I believe this is a better method of actually learning the art, for older less athletic busier professionals and younger more competitive folk alike. It is only gifted athletes that can learn well under fire.
As I said before, I am 54 years old with two hip replacements at the time of this writing (9/8/22). I am absolutely not the best jiu jitsu practitioner in the Sarasota / Manatee County areas. There are some great martial artists here. However, I am an old school grappler. I started back in 1994 and was in my first BJJ tournament in 1996. I am a blackbelt under Roy Harris, who is world renowned as teacher’s teacher and pioneer in adding structure to the often chaotic and disorganized presentation of jiu jitsu.